Saturday, September 26, 2009

What kind of day IS this?

I sit here on the very small part of my bed that has not been invaded by damp, drying clothing as I write to you... You guessed it. Laundry day! I was feeling so ambitious this morning that I thought I would do ALL my laundry... Ha! Little did I know, my arms and hands would slowly deteriorate before my very eyes because they were so tired after an hour and a half of trying to wash my clothes. I didn't get it all done. Luckily, I DID get MOST of it done (and I also managed to splatter red raspberry water ALL over the shirt I am currently wearing; nothing like a nice stain for me to work with the NEXT time I get to do laundry). I thought maybe I could finish it this afternoon after I got groceries.

William and Erin took me to Antorcha, which is very similar to Wal-Mart, to get groceries today! I haven't had much to eat for the past 2 weeks, and with the curfew in effect, I had slim pickin's. I was down to a partial loaf of bread with just a little bit of peanut butter and jelly and one helping of spaghetti. Now, I definitely have a little bit more to work with! Yeah, it cost some money, but at least I can provide some kind of nourishment for my body now.

We had an interesting encounter on our way home from the grocery store today. There was a man taking up part of the street as he was on the ground convulsing on his back. He was having a seizure. There was a whole line of traffic that just kept going around him, and nobody stopped to help. Erin and I convinced William to call an emergency number for help, and they said they were sending someone. I was silently praying for him a majority of the way back to my house... Then the rain started. Yep, you guessed it, pouring rain!

...Which leads me to the next point of why there are a ton of damp clothes lined up on my bed... My "dryer" is a clothes line. Bless Sara for taking down most of my clothes since she was home. Unfortunately, she did not realize that I also had more clothes hanging on the line at the side of our house (which is conveniently located underneath where all the water drains off of our roof). These clothes are wetter now than they were when I hung them up in the first place. Needless to say, now all of my clothes are attempting to dry in the humidity of my small bedroom. This leaves me nowhere to sit since I only have a bed and a coffee table in my room. Hmm... Kind of a predicament.

I am happy to say that William helped me carry in all of my groceries, but unfortunately, my key decided to get stuck in the lock and I was really struggling to get it pushed all the way in or even pulled out. William was able to get it open though, so I am now able to be indoors in the dryness as opposed to being stuck outside!

So, in a nutshell, that's been my day. So much for washing the rest of my clothes! Guess that will have to wait for another day... Maybe a more exciting one, since this one isn't exciting enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment