Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ode to a Washing Machine...


I will never again take for granted a washing machine. In fact, when I have a house one day, I'm going to splurge.... A nice front-loading Whirlpool! In RED! Ha! Take that! Seriously... I just spent an hour washing all my whites by hand, and now I am drenched from head to toe in sweat. It is really an unpleasant feeling. I don't think that my clothes get NEARLY as clean when I wash them by hand on a washboard.

Now we sit. We wait for my clothes to dry. Since I just finished, I should only have to wait another 24 or 36 hours for my clothes to be dry.... Speedy. You have got to love how quickly clothes dry in 95% humidity on a day when it is 94 degrees (but it says that it feels like 109).

Let's just say, I'm super thankful for washers... And I hope that everyone who reads this goes and gives their washer a big hug and thanks it for doing such a lovely job. Dryers aren't bad either, so you might consider thanking it as well. *wink, wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment