Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Taking the Old with the New

Well, I'm back to it... Yup, you guessed it! Laundry! Who knew that three weeks without washing my laundry by hand would turn my arms back to jello? I was feeling really ambitious on Saturday... I thought I would start off with the toughest stuff so that I could get it over with more quickly. Yeah.... Towels and jeans. Oy..... To make a long story short, I got everything done, there was a nice breeze to help my stuff to dry, it didn't rain (the sky must not have gotten the memo that I'm back yet), and my arms are still somehow attached to my body.

It has been abnormally cold here for the past couple weeks (a shocking 60-65 degrees), which is as close to home as I'm going to get, but the past few days have started warming back up. You know what that means? It means that the most evil of all insects emerges from hiding.... The mosquito. I don't understand... You kill one, you find five more bites. Just the other day, I had a killer mosquito attacking me from the North! I had two or three bites on my elbow... Another on my knuckle, and recently I've found some on my feet and my other elbow. What is with the elbows?!?!?!?!?! Do you even KNOW how hard it is to not scratch your elbow when there is a mosquito bite? You are constantly bumping it and making it even more itchy. Every time I saw the darn mosquito, it disappeared again. I never could swat it. Instead, a little later, it started dive bombing my face. What kind of place IS this?!?!?! Kamikaze mosquitos dive bombing my face and my elbows being turned into a soup kitchen for the little pests. I might as well hang a sign inviting them to a free dinner. Oy.

I am currently watching Jeopardy! by myself here at the house. Yeah... I said it, WATCHING TELEVISION! Can you believe it?! I'm moving up in this country. I now have a television and a microwave... Unfortunately, still no washer and dryer. I wouldn't want to get spoiled or anything...... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment